HELP DISCOURAGE NUISANCE INSECTS AND SUPPORT LIVESTOCK GROWTH
Getting the best out of summer grazing to keep stock growing on target can be a perennial problem for livestock farmers. Grazed grass is your most cost eective feed input providing important nutrients to livestock; however it is well known that it can be decient in many of the micro-nutrients essential for growth and performance. Grass quality also can be very variable and its nutritional value starts declining from mid-summer onwards.
Controlling flies and biting insects throughout the grazing season is another challenge for farmers. Research has demonstrated that flies can seriously affect animal performance, with growth rates being decreased by up to 0.3kg/day in cattle*. Studies have shown that fly worry has caused weight loss of upto 5.5kg over a 4 to 6 day period in sheep.*
DOWNLAND BUZZ OFF LICKS CAN HELP DISCOURAGE NUISANCE INSECTS
AND HELP BALANCE POTENTIAL NUTRITIONAL SHORTFALLS IN GRAZING:
- Highly palatable licks that contain specially selected garlic. After ingestion strong garlic compounds begin to secrete through the skin discouraging insects.
- Keeping grazing disturbance to a minimum helps encourage livestock to maximise their grass and forage intakes.
- Flies and midges that aect livestock are not only a menace and irritation to the animal they can also transmit diseases and can aect performance; therefore discouraging them becomes even more
- Contains essential vitamins and minerals to help balance any potential deciencies in grass helping optimise livestock performance and health.
- Withdrawal period of 7 days for milk and 28 days for meat to help avoid taint.
Size: 25 Kg / 100 Kg
Downland Product Guide pdf »
Nutritional supplements for all your livestock needs