All our horse bedding products are supplied in 20kg bags, but are highly compressed meaning a little goes a long way and giving you a long lasting, affordable and quality product.
- 100% Pure Oil Seed Rape Straw
- Chopped and dust extracted
- Baled between 9% and 12% moisture
- Highly absorbent
- Dust extracted
- Can be treated to discourage eating and aid respiratory health
- Cost effective
- Quick and easy to muck out
- Easy disposal and rots quickly
- Forms a good dense bed
- Highly compressed, non clumping 20kg bags
- Ready to use, no preparation required
- Excellent characteristics for other animals such as poultry and rabbits!
How to use Raviera Oil Seed Rape Horse Bedding
For a totally new bed, our customers seem to suggest that 2 bales are sufficient for a 12ft x 12ft stable or loose box, where the bedding covers approximately half the floor with banking.
Just like wood shavings, remove droppings and scoop out any wet bedding at the base of your bed. If possible, its a good idea to brush the bedding back to let your floor or matting dry but this isn’t essential. Put your horse bedding back in place, building banks to avoid casting, just like you would for shavings.
Raviera horse bedding can be used as a light covering over matting or a deep bed, whatever your horse prefers.
Top up your bedding as and when required, obviously this will vary, but 1 bale a week seems to be about the average.
Oil Seed Rape horse bedding can be added to your muck heap as usual, however you’ll find that it rots far quicker than traditional wood shavings, meaning smaller muck heap and reduced costs.