Made from the finest traditional grasses, herbs and wildflowers
A complementary forage feed for horses.
The meadows which these nuts are produced from, consist primarily of traditional meadow grasses, including; Birdsfoot Trefoil, Cocksfoot, Golden Foxtail, Golden Oatgrass, Meadow Fescue, Red Fescue, Smooth Common Meadowgrass and Timothy.
No modern Hybrid Ryegrasses have been sown in these meadows.
No chemical fertilisers are used on any grassland on the farm and the Meadow Nuts are tested pesticide and herbicide free. The meadows are allowed to grow to a mature stage (for lower sugar, higher fibre content) and unlike most grass production farms where the grass is cut continuously throughout the growing season, the meadows are cut only once or twice per year.
8mm nuts which are ideally suitable for treat balls.
- Low sugar and starch
- Quick soaking 8mm nuts
- Suitable for horses prone to laminitis
- A good source of quality high fibre
- Naturally grown without chemical treatment
100% dried Meadow Grasses and herbage.
Meadow Nuts are a natural product, cut from in excess of 1000 acres. There will be slight variations in the analyses due to time of cut, weather, location of field, etc.
Healthy Herbal Meadow Nuts may be fed dry.
Alternatively soak in water to make a palatable mash. When soaking, ensure the mash is free from any hard lumps before feeding. As with any dry feed, be aware that animals that bolt their feed may be at risk of choke. For these animals, soaking thoroughly to make a mash is recommended.
- Can be used as a partial grass or hay replacer when grazing or forage are scarce.
- For veterans with poor dental condition always feed as a mash.
- Suitable for horses requiring a low sugar, low starch, high fibre diet.
- Also suitable for donkeys, sheep, goats, cattle, guinea pigs, rabbits and alpaca.
- Amounts given are dry weight per day, split between multiple meals.
|Average Horse 500kg
|Large Horse 700kg